This article is all about network settings process of a wireless router. As we all know a router is a device which spreads the wireless radio signal so that other wireless-enabled devices connect to it in order to access the Internet. Before you could access the Internet, you need to set up the network settings of your wireless router. So this tutorial will take you through the 192.168.1.1 Setup Network settings process. We have put down the basic steps that you need to follow in order to set up the network settings of the wireless router.
1. BASIC HARDWARE SETUP
Before we take you to the 192.168.1.1 Setup Network settings process, these are some of the basic hardware setup instructions which are as follows.
- Unpack the router and connect the router to the ISP modem (Internet Service Provider). For the connection, you will need an Ethernet cable. Plug both ends of the cable into router and modem.
- Make sure that both these devices are turned on and in working condition.
- Now go to the modem and check whether the modem has an active Internet connection or not.
2. SETUP NETWORK SETTINGS
Now we will explain you the network settings process. In this process, you will need to access the 192.168.1.1 Setup Network settings page on your computer.
- Go to your computer and launch an Internet browser on it.
- Enter the 192.168.1.1 Setup Network settings IP address into the address bar and press Enter.
- In a few seconds, the browser will direct you to the network settings page of the wireless router.
- Now, manually set up the Internet connection on your wireless router. For the manual setup, you will need PPPoE username and password. This information is provided to the user by the Internet Service Provider.
- After the Internet connection setup, configure the basic wireless security settings and make sure you assign your network a complex security passphrase. This will save your wireless network from an unauthorized user.
- Now that you have configured the network settings of the router, finish the setup wizard and save the settings on the router.
After you save the settings, the router will restart in order to reflect the changes. Ensure that the router is not turned off in between the process. If this happens, you will face some trouble while configuring the network settings. After the device restarts, you can connect other wireless devices to your network. Make sure you remember the network passphrase because you will need it at the time of connection.
So this was all about 192.168.1.1 Setup Network settings process. In case you face an issue while attempting to set up the network settings, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to serve you.