In this article, you will look at setting up your Linksys range extender to improve your home network’s strength and range. Having a good Wi-Fi network allows you to connect your multiple end devices to the network. Linksys wifi extender setup is one of the best effective Wi-Fi tweaks you can do to enhance your network range. Before you proceed with the Linksys extender setup RE7000, you should know where to place your extender for maximum effect. You should place the extender in the center area of your home, where you need a stronger WiFi connection.
Linksys WiFi Extender Setup – Easy and Quick Process
- Start by establishing a wired connection between the devices, which includes your router, client device, and extender.
- Next, turn on the Linksys extender by connecting it to a power source.
- The extender’s power LED will glow a solid green light after it is turned on.
- Now, connect a networking device, such as a PC, to your Linksys Extender Setup network.
- Open a web browser on the linked PC and type https://extender.linksys.com into the address bar.
- If the default gateway fails to provide access to the Linksys extender login page, you can utilize the extender’s default IP.
- When prompted, type the default username and password into the fields provided.
- It will take you to the Linksys extender setup RE6350 page.
- Now, follow the Linksys extender setup wizard instructions by clicking the Quick setup tab.
- Your extender will begin scanning for available networks automatically.
- Choose the network name you want to expand from a list of networks and input the Wi-Fi password.
- After that, you’ll be prompted to change your network name and password. Set a strong and complex password for the SSID of your extension.
If you get an error during setup and configuration, perform the Linksys wifi extender reset process. For more information on the same, dial our toll-free number.
Linksys extender setup without computer
Your range extender comes with the WPS push button. WPS is a Wi-Fi security standard that allows you to establish steady connections between the extender and your end devices. WiFi Protected Setup is the quickest way to install and set up your extender. To do the Linksys extender setup RE7000, you can use the WPS button located on the extender’s back panel. Learn how to use a WPS button to connect to the network.
- Firstly, plug in the Linksys extender to the electrical source and turn it on.
- Now, locate and press the WPS button on the extender.
- Next, head over to your home router and press the WPS button.
- Check the status of the LED light on the Linksys extender and your router.
- A white LED light will indicate your Linksys extender is connected to the router.
- Afterward, your range extender will automatically clone the network settings from your home router.
- Now, unplug the Linksys device and place it halfway between your router and the dead spot.
- If the LED light doesn’t blink white, move your extender closer to the router.
Use the web-based WPS button to set up your Linksys wifi extender AC1200
In this method, you will use either a WPS button, WPS PIN, or your router’s PIN to set up your range extender.
a) WPS button
First, visit the extender.linksys.com login page. Log in to your extender settings. Click on Wireless and then select the WPS option. Now, press the WPS button on your device to start the setup process. Then click on Enable next to the WPS button.
b) WPS PIN
If your home router includes a WPS pin, then enter the pin in the given field on the Linksys wifi extender setup page.
c) Router PIN
Also, if your client device asks for the router’s PIN, then enter that pin in the third field on the given page. Now, check the status of the WPS light. If it is continuously lit, the extender setup has been completed.
If you face any issues while setting up the extender, contact the technical experts on the helpline number. They will provide you some troubleshooting tips to fix the extender setup and login issues.
Troubleshooting the Linksys extender setup RE7000 issues
No matter what problem you might be facing with your Linksys extender, you can fix those issues with some simple troubleshooting tips. Follow the tricks and tips below to resolve your extender issues.
- One of the common reasons behind this issue is the improper placement of the extender. The solution to this problem is to change the location of your Linksys extender. Try placing the Linksys device away from any electronic devices and metal objects.
- The second issue that you may face is login error. If you can’t log in to the Linksys wifi extender’s interface, you need to follow some basic troubleshooting tips.
- Firstly, check if you are typing in the correct web address of your Linksys device.
- Secondly, make sure that your computer is connected to the Linksys RE7000.
- You should try to update the firmware of your Linksys extender to the latest version.
- Another common issue you may face during the Linksys wifi extender setup is intermittent connection.
- To fix this error, you need to reset the Linksys range extender to the factory defaults.
Linksys wifi extender reset process
Follow the steps below to reset your Linksys wifi extender AC1200
- Before you begin the reset process, make sure the extender is switched on.
- Locate the reset button in a little tiny hole on the rear panel of the extender.
- After that, push it down with a paperclip or any sharp pin.
- Now, hold the button down until the LED lights on the extender begin to blink.
- When you release the reset button, the extender will reboot on its own.
- Finally, your Linksys device has been restored to factory default settings.
In this post, you have learned how to do the Linksys extender setup without a computer or with a web browser method. If you have any more queries about the same, you can ask the technical experts. You can contact the team of professionals on the helpline number or via a live chat option.